Monday 10 September 2012

THE LAST POST

This is the view from the last Munro Party we went to on Saturday.
It is Ben Hope near Tongue in Sutherland, a quiet and easy 3 hour drive from Grantown and such a beautiful and remote place.
Scotland is full of beautiful and remote places and is to me what makes living here the best thing I have ever done.
It IS hard, caring for someone and I have touched on that part of my life a little bit but the reality is that this part dominates all my life in Grantown. It is hard to leave for my weekends away and I haven't done as much as I would like to do. But if it weren't for my dad, I wouldn't be here, so I have his neediness to thank for the ultimate decision Ralph and I made to settle here.
I can't wait to explore more of the country and I want to explore it on foot, on bike, on water and on horseback...hips, knees, weather and availability of friends both human and equine, to do so.
Meanwhile Yorkshire is still only 7 hours drive away.

No comments:

Post a Comment