Thursday 6 September 2012

Gold for Grantown.

We have our own post box painted gold for a medal won by Craig Maclean, the eyes of the blind cyclist Anthony Kappes, (who also won gold of course) in the 200m sprint. setting a lap record.

I think everyone in the UK has been excited by the Olympics and Paralympics and it's nice to have a local competitor do well. However, I have been shouting for the locals to Yorkshire. Today the hand cycling was won by a Halifax woman...and that still felt like a home win.

This will be my penultimate post before Yorkshiretospeyside closes because now I should be a Highland lassie. One part of me has always been so...but for now I'm rushing off to the Grant Arms Hotel for a talk on Walking in Scotland, just to see how it's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment