Sunday 26 August 2012

Harley Davidsons arrive in Grantown.

Shame, I've been trying to load the video that Ralph took because the noise of 3000 (?) Harley Davidsons is something unmissable. It is on my Facebook page for my friends.
The rain was sheeting down in the morning and again at 5pm but inbetween the hours of 1pm and 5pm, it remained dry and even nearly sunny. I will await the newspaper report to give details of numbers, but just to say, this is a sight not to be missed.
I am now lusting after my own, a small HD 880, that has a low seat and needs to be steered round corners notleant. I had a big bike (Kawasaki 550 Zepher) and after falling off it several times on the hairpin bends that are all over Huddersfield including at the end of our street, and securing a new job with a company car, I sold the Zepher. When I took up biking again in 2009, I got a 125cc again but found it underpowered and would be no good here on the long, uncluttered Scottish roads. Perfect for the communte through Bradford and Halifax though and was sold easily when I left the farm.
I haven't felt the need of a bike as I don't go anywhere that doesn't entail taking the dog, the canoe, the tent, Dad or the bikes. But now I am to start volunteering at the Dolphin Project...I do have somewhere to go!!
I'll tell you more about the Dolphin Project after I have been for my first day as a shadow on Tuesday.
Meantime, the Highland Games today had bright sunshine and Ralph and I climber Geal Charm Mor near Aviemore and had views north and south of the strath. Bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment